Frequently Asked Questions
Learn more about Gulfside Resorts
If you have any additional questions, please contact us at 1-800-597-8063.
Q: How can I see rates and availability online?
A: Our advance reservations are weekly rates, please search our reservation page using Saturday to Saturday dates and up to 7 guests total. If you need help with plans for a larger group, shorter stay (3 night minimum), longer stay, or non-Saturday arrival, please contact us directly by phone (1-800-597-8063) or email us at [email protected] for help.
Q: The online calendar shows no available rooms for my dates, are you sold out?
A: Probably not sold out, please try searching Saturday arrival and departure dates, and using 2 as the number of guests, this will show all available choices.
Q: Should I worry about my family’s safety while at the beach?
A: There’s a reason the official trademark and motto of Indian Rocks Beach is ‘World’s Safest Beach’! While we of course encourage normal safety precautions, Indian Rocks is noted as one of the safest family beach destinations in the US, hence the tagline.
Q: Should I rent a car during my beach vacation at Gulfside?
A: With exceptional walkability once you arrive there is no reason to get back in your car. Over 20 restaurants and pubs, surf shops and cozy cafes are located within a couple of blocks. While you absolutely can walk to closeby establishments within a mile–a car is helpful for day trips like Disney (90 minutes by car) or to drive to nearby Saint Petersburg (20 minutes) to visit the Dali Museum.
Q: Is Gulfside Resorts Eco-friendly?
A: We are constantly working to reduce our environmental footprint and to preserve our beautiful beaches for the next generation. Some of our efforts include chlorine-free swimming pools, furniture that is made in America and natural (but effective!) cleaning products.
Q: Are there any beach rules about Indian Rocks Beach and our properties?
A: Indian Rocks Beach at the waterline is considered a public beach just like nearby St. Pete and Clearwater Beaches; however public access is only allowed at city designated beach access sites with minimal permit-only parking. There are no public parking garages unlike our neighbors in Clearwater. Since our properties are flanked by private single family homes this insures you will enjoy privacy and quiet during your time at the beach.
The comfort and well being of our guests is our #1 priority. As such, we enforce a NO PETS, NO SMOKING, NO NOISE/PARTY POLICY.
1. A $500 smoking fee will be charged for smoking in guest rooms.
2. We enforce the maximum occupancy limits for all room types. If the occupancy limit is exceeded, guests who are not registered may be asked to leave.
3. No parties are allowed in the guest rooms at any time. Anything above the occupancy limit per suite is defined as a party. While we attempt to give at least one warning, we reserve the right to take other measures in order to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of other guests.
4. Pool parties are not permitted at any time. Minors must be accompanied by their guardians at all times, and pool usage is for registered guests only.
5. All money, deposits, and rents will be forfeited in the event of an eviction. As registered guest, you assume complete responsibility for any and all damages made by your group.
6. In order to preserve the delicate beach ecosystem and to protect our nesting sea turtles, pets are not allowed on the beach. This is not the case with nearby Clearwater Beach which allows large (unleashed) dogs.
Q: Does Gulfside allow nightly guests?
A: By design, the schedule of rentals runs Saturday through Saturday–on a weekly basis. We do sometimes offer three night stays during our shoulder seasons in September and late May. Overall this translates into a quiet peaceful setting without the distraction of day trippers and nightly rentals. Approximately 70% of our guests are repeat or referral. Many guests make friends at the resort and then plan to visit at the same time each year.